The masters of the laser, the transistor, the microwave-background, unix and many other of the greatest inventions and discoveries of the 20th century.
- The Blit: A Multiplexed Graphics Terminal.
- A Concurrent Window System.
- Window Systems Should Be Transparent.
- Structural Regular Expressions.
- Notes on Programming in C.
- A tutorial on the Sam editor language.
- UTF-8 History - The tale of how Rob Pike and Ken Thompson invented UTF-8 and converted Plan 9 to use it everywhere in a few days.
- Face the Nation with David L. Presotto.
- Squeak: a Language for Communicating with Mice with Luca Cardelli. (Not to be confused with Alan Kay’s ‘squeak’).
- Systems Software Research is Irrelevant (aka utah2000 or utah2k) (Russian translation).
- The Hideous Name with P.J. Weinberger.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: The Unix Legacy - A presentation given on the ocasion of the 1000000000 seconds of the Unix clock.
- Timing Trials, or, the Trials of Timing: Experiments with Scripting and User-Interface Languages with Christopher J. Van Wyk.
- Why Pascal is Not My Favorite Programming Language.
- Upas - a simpler approach to network mail by David L. Presotto.
- The amazing Duff’s Device by Tom Duff! - While not invented while at Bell Labs, Duff went on to work there shortly afterwards and was closely involved with the labs for a long time.
- Squinting at Power Series by Douglas McIlroy.