Limbo is a concurrent programming language developed by Sean Dorward, Phil Winterbottom, and Rob Pike at Bell Labs for the Inferno operating system.
- A Descent into Limbo by Brian Kernighan.
- The Limbo Programming Language by Dennis M. Ritchie and Addendum by Vita Nuova.
- The book Inferno Programming with Limbo.
- The Alef programming language for Plan 9, was an ancestor of Limbo by Phil Winterbottom.
- Squeak: a Language for Communicating with Mice by Luca Cardelli and Rob Pike was an even more ancient ancestor.
- Go – A direct descendant of Limbo, developed at Google and designed by Rob Pike, Ken Thompson and Robert Griesemer.